"We're on our 5th Ecoshel home now, and we're installing 9-10 squares in 3 hours."
– Claddagh Constructors
Fast, Easy, Perfect Installation for Siding and Roofing.
The Ecoshel System uses full size, 18" Western Red Cedar shingles that are pre-assembled as 4 foot panels or "Shingle-strips". Shingles are connected to each other using plastic clips that expand and contract. There is no backer-board, just premium quality real cedar shingles, perfectly spaced.
The Ecoshel Installation System automatically offsets all joints over 3 courses as required by code, with a minimum offset of 1-1/2". Just align either edge of the first shingle-strip in each course with any 12, 24, or 36” mark in the previous course. Then continue installing shingle-strips to the left and right to complete the course. Jumping across a window? - Just align the first panel with the same number used on the other side.
– Provides a much faster, higher quality installation, with all joints perfectly offset, and with proper shingle spacing.
– The Shingle-strip pattern varies to provide a well balanced random distribution of shingle widths.
– Install at any exposure up to 7-1/2" for siding , 5-1/2" for roofing. Two nails per shingle, just as with conventional installation.
– Shingle-strips include an exposure gauge that can be used instead of a chalk line as an installation guide.
– Shingle-strips can be easily cut at the joints with a knife. Partial panels are used to start and finish courses, and individual shingles are easily separated from the shingle-strips for detail work. The typical waste factor is only 3-4%.
– The Ecoshel System is also available in a Tapersawn Shake version, which is used primarily for roofing.
– For fast, authentic, woven corners, use the prefabricated Ecoshel Corner Unit, a precision crafted, well sealed random width corner, that installs with offset joints.
– For shingle or Tapersawn Shake roofs, Ecoshel Hip & Ridge units provide a nice finishing detail, and are customized to match the pitch of your roof.
For complete installation details, see the roofing and siding instructions, and the installation videos.
Copyright © 2019, Ecoshel, Inc. All rights reserved. TM: Ecoshel, Smart-Shingle.
Fast, Easy, Perfect Installation
Siding and Roofing.
Copyright © 2019, Ecoshel, Inc.
TM: Ecoshel, Smart-Shingle.